To understand SpywareBlaster, let’s say you have a list of guests that you are expecting so know you will allow only the guests to enter your house, in the same way, Spyware Blaster works, only difference is that it has the list of already known malware which it keeps away from your system.
It blocks the installation of infectious ActiveX-based spyware, adware, etc. It not only secures your browsing sessions but also keeps track of cookies. It supports almost all popular browsers and is highly recommendable for Firefox and Internet Explorer users. It can add malicious sites to restricted site list of Internet Explorer. For Google Chrome, it provides script protection. Similarly, it has browser related tools for others popular browser as well.
One of the major features that we would like to mention is when Spyware Blaster is installed, before it changes your system settings, it maintains a copy of the previous settings so that user can revert to it. This is a very helpful feature which is rarely found in other tools. Currently installed browsers and provide you with the list of tools available for a different browser which can be enabled by a user. The restricted URLs list can also be edited by a user.
Not only this, after providing you with so many tools, it uses very low resources of the system and hence doesn’t do any harm to system performance, which is really appreciable. It is very easy to install and once install, the interface is very easy to look into.
Read More: Dungeon Hunter 4 for PC
- As it is said, “prevention is better than cure”, Spyware Blaster is one of the best of its kind. The best thing about it is its interface, no tech expertise is required to use this tool. A novice will be able to use it as efficiently as a skilled one.
- It will block stuff automatically once you enabled it for the browser you are using. And at the same time it provides you with the feature to maintain an exception list of sites and cookies that you know are safe, and they will not be blocked.
- It also maintains a copy of user’s system setting that user can switch back to if they are changed by the Spyware. It is called System Snapshot tool.
- Apart from these it also gives you the power to block or download flash content completely.
- It works for already known threats which means your system is totally helpless against the new ones, but again at least your system is safe from the old ones.
- It only prevents you from installing any threats but doesn’t deal with already installed ones.
- It doesn’t provide you with an automatic update in its free version but for just $10 you can get yourself a version with an automatic update.
For conclusion, we would say it is a lot more than what one expects of a freeware. It is easy to use and effective against all threats which it promises.